You have grown so much in the last 6 months! You are such a big girl, so independent, and SO smart. I can’t believe you are halfway to 3!
* You have had a speech explosion recently. I couldn’t begin to remember all the words you say, but some of the phrases you can say are “I love you”, “Thank you”, “You okay?”, “Fall down”, “All done”, “All gone”, “Where are you?”, “I’m sorry (you say “I sorries”)”, “Sweet baby”. You also try to say your name which sounds like “Abbie”.
* Your playtime has become so creative. You pretend you cook. You love to sit at the table and put a stuffed animal across from you and you two will have a pretend snack together. You also love to feed and take care of your baby dolls. One of your Christmas present this year was a broom just your size and whenever Mommy or Daddy are sweeping you always help!
* Books are your favorite thing. Some of the stories that we have been reading to you from birth, you can now say some of the words and animal sounds in them. You have a much longer attention span now and actually listen to the stories!
* Your favorite TV shows are Sesame Street, Curious George, Pingu, and Timmy Time. You also LOVE the Praise Baby DVDs!
* Besides your stuffed animals and baby dolls, some of your favorite toys are crayons, paper, and stickers, your magna doodle, shape sorters, and puzzles.
* Your hair has grown so much and it is so curly! I love it!
* Your favorite snacks are cheese, bread and butter, popcorn, chocolate chips, and fruit leather. Your favorite meal by far is macaroni and cheese. You are a somewhat picky eater these days, but you eat when you get hungry enough and that’s ok with me.
* At your 18 month checkup you weighed 25lbs and were 32.5 inches long.
* Getting pictures of you at this age is tough! You say “No” and cover your face and run away. Every once in a while, though, you will cooporate and say “Cheeeeesseee”. It is so cute!
* The age you are now is one of my favorites so far. You are a good listener (although you do love to throw a good fit!), you are easy to take to the store or out to eat, you are fun to play with, and are a good snuggler too!
* You love to do anything that Mom is doing. You help me cook, and clean, and unfortuntely you also love to act like you’re the boss of the daycare kids. We are working on that one… haha!
Adelaide Harper, you bring so much joy to our lives! You make us laugh on a daily basis. It is so neat to watch you learn new things every day. I couldn’t have picked a better child to be my daughter. There is nothing you could ever do to make me not love you!