We finally reached your first birthday! And it didn’t make me as sad as I thought it would. We love the sweet little girl you’re becoming and so look forward to watching you grow up!
* Daddy often sings you the Skinnamarink song to calm you down when you are upset. This month you starting trying to sing along with him! We’ve caught you a couple other times singing to yourself and it’s so sweet!
* New words this month were “thank you” and “I love you”.
* You have learned to point when you want something! I love that you are able to communicate in that way and I don’t have to guess what it is that you want!
* Speaking of pointing; every morning when I eat my breakfast of peanut butter crackers, you crawl over as fast as you can and ask for one. You love them and if I don’t give you one fast enough you get so mad.
* Almost every day lately, when we go to get you out of your crib, you will bring your bunny with you. Morning time, nap time, no matter what. You’ve done this in the past, but not this frequent. It’s so cute how much you love your bunny!
* This month brought your 8th tooth! You have at least 3 more coming soon and you have been really cranky lately because of them! Poor baby!
* You have learned to pretend talk on the phone! You will hold anything rectangle shaped up to your ear and answer it. Ha!
* Music and dancing has been the funnest thing for you lately! You will just dance and dance and sometimes squeal when music comes on. And you love for me and Daddy to dance with you!
* You have become really clingy this month. I think it’s because you haven’t felt well with your teeth hurting. You love to be held, or if you’re playing you love for us to be right in the floor with you. You also have been so sweet by patting our backs, when we pat yours. It’s hard seeing you upset all the time, but I’ve been loving all the extra snuggles from an otherwise very independent girl!
* I have a few IPad apps that you like to play with and you’ve learned how to push the buttons to make them do stuff. You think it’s really fun! You also like to use my IPad as a mirror and talk to the baby that you see! Ha!
* One of the sweetest things that I’ve watched you do lately, is be a good Mama to your baby dolls. You will say “Awwww” and pat them, kiss them and hug them. I know that you are going to be a wonderful Mama someday!
Adelaide Harper, you are the most precious little person I have ever met. Your Daddy and I love you more than you will ever know! Happy Birthday, sweet girl!