So many new things this month! I feel like my baby turned into a big girl overnight! This month has brought huge changes in your development, and I feel like things are only going to speed up from here!
* You love to explore my face. You will grab my nose, pull my hair, put your hands in my mouth, and poke my eyes. While you do, I always say “nose” or “hair” to try and teach you about the things you are touching.
* You can now drink out of a sippy cup! You still prefer your bottle over anything though. You make funny faces when the cold water and juice gets in your mouth!
* You won’t sit still in your bumbo seat anymore. I had to move you to the highchair to feed you. You don’t really sit still in that either, but it secures you a little better.
* You are eating stage 2 baby food about 2 or 3 times a day, and having around four 6oz bottles in between. You are in a size 3 diaper, 6-9 month clothing (and a few 12 month things), and a size 3 shoe.
* You have discovered our cats. You love to pull their tails and ears, or whatever else you can get ahold of! You just laugh and grab! Ha! You have also noticed the kids that I keep. You think they are so fun and laugh at them all the time!
* You are starting to get much more whiney. You whine when I leave the room, when I take something away from you, and when it’s time for bed.
* We now know when you want to be held because you’re able to lift your arms up and show us! It’s so cute!
* The baby in the mirror is your best friend! You could watch yourself all day. I think the mirror gets more hugs and kisses than I do! Ha!
* You are finally rolling from back to front and have no problem with tummy-time now. You often sleep on your tummy too. You can sit up for long periods of time without falling down and love to play sitting up with all your toys around you. I think crawling will come soon!
* You have learned to fake-cough and love to do it all the time. You also blow raspberries, cluck your tongue, and pop your lips (like Daddy taught you). You are also learning to clap your hands and have done it a few times for us!
* Sometimes I play an episode of Sesame Street for the kids I keep, and you will watch almost the whole episode, even when there are toys surrounding you. You will not be distracted and even laugh at the puppets sometimes!
* For Christmas, you got a shape sorter toy, and if I set up a shape on top of the hole it goes in, you can push it through. You get so excited when it falls down! You can also open the lid and take things out or put things in.
We love you so much, sweet girl!