Five months old? What? How can this be? It’s not possible! Can you please slow down on this getting older thing? Thanks.
* You have picked a favorite toy/animal/comfort item. It is this little blanket with a bunny attached to it. Every time you see it your face lights up and you hug it and put it right in your mouth! You get more excited about your bunny than any other toy you have!
* You are figuring out how to sometimes put your pacifier back in your mouth. It’s so neat to watch your hands finally work for you and those motor skills developing. You also know how to take your paci out, and like to do that right when I’m about to leave you in your room for a nap (“Look mom, my paci is gone, come back and help me!”).
* You are now eating 6oz about 5 times a day and wearing a size 3 diaper. We are still working on the solid food. You don’t have much patience for sitting there and eating and would rather yell and spit your food all over Mom. That is so much more fun that eating! Ha! Although, now you are opening your mouth for bites, which is definitely an improvement!
* You have started to really giggle and belly laugh. It’s so cute! You especially do it when Mom or Dad are making you “fly” above our heads.
* You are still in size 3-6 month clothing, but some items are getting too small. There are a few 6-9 month things that you are already wearing too.
* You have learned to fake-cough. You especially like to do it when you are mad about something, combined with spitting. It is quite hilarious! I love to see your personality growing, even in the form of how you react when mad!
* Whenever your Daddy vacuums, you have to watch him. You will stop eating, stop playing, turn around, basically do whatever it takes to make sure you can see where that noise is coming from. But, I sure am glad you’re not scared of the vacuum!
* I think you are starting to recognize your name. Sometimes when I’m trying to get your attention and get you to look at me, regular noises or words won’t work; but if I say your name you usually look right at me!
* Speaking of names, yours should be Wiggle-Worm. You are never still! You love to move and don’t like to sit still and snuggle with me anymore. I think it’s so much fun that you are playing and moving around more!
* One of the sweetest new things you are doing is hugging me. Sometimes you will give me a huge grin and then give me wide open mouth kisses/slobbers and bury you face into my neck. It is my most favorite thing in the world! I couldn’t possibly love it more!
* You are doing so good at supported sitting! I think you will sit up on your own very soon! Your abs are so strong, it’s just your balance that still needs a little work.
* This month we had a couple of social functions to go to and you loved them! At Daddy’s work Christmas party you wouldn’t even stop to eat because you didn’t want to miss anything! You just stared and looked and soaked the new atmosphere in. I think we need to get out of the house more now that you enjoy it so much!
* You are grabbing and putting in your mouth anything you can get your hands on! A lot of the time that means my clothes, my hair, and my Ipad. Ha!
* We have a toy that you can sit/stand in and bounce and you are loving it! You think you are big stuff standing up like a big girl in it!
Although I sometimes miss my sweet little tiny newborn, I am loving the age that you are! You are such a sweet, fun, precious little girl! You make Mommy and Daddy so happy! We love you!