1. I took piano lessons from age 7-15. Advanced to playing sonatas, Rachmaninoff, 16-page classical pieces…..hated. every. minute. of. it.
2. Took up guitar at age 16. Loved it! Helped lead worship for youth group and church in high school, and some in college. Don’t have much time for it anymore.
3. I had a best friend who lived across the street when I was a little girl. Ironically, her name was Katie Williams. She ended up getting killed in a car accident in high school. We weren’t friends anymore at that point but I think about her often when I sign my married name.
4. I answered a babysitting ad in the paper when I was 13 and got the job! I babysat age 13-14 (and through high school and college too when I had time). Worked at Pizza Pro from 15-18 and bought my first car. Was a manager at Office Depot from 18-21. Now I’m back to my first love, babysitting. And I love it! Snuggling with my 3 girlies I keep is the greatest job ever!
5. My freshman year of college, my car that I worked so hard to pay off in high school was totaled with me in it. I was not driving. After 3 complete flips and not a straight panel or intact windshield left, I was very lucky to have only come away with A LOT of bruising, a sprained wrist, and swollen knee. Wear your seatbelts, kids.
6. I’m still scared of being a passenger in a vehicle. I was never a back-seat driver until that point in my life. Thankfully, Lance is very patient with me in this area.
7. I met my husband when I was 15 and told my best friend that I wanted to marry a guy just like that. Ironic, this thing called life.
8. I cannot get through a morning without my fix of Diet Mountain Dew. Bad for me, I know. Ask me if I care.
9. I have two older brothers whom I am not as close with as I’d like to be (they’re 6 and 9 years older than me), but have proved that, when needed, they will be there for me at the drop of a hat.
10. My first “boyfriend” was in Kindergarten. I told him I would agree to be his girlfriend on one condition: that he quit following me around. It didn’t work. So I broke up with him like 2 days later. Mean little girl, I was!